Established prior to
1895, the first name of the club was Martin's Point Gun Club,
Incorporated. The original clubhouse was located on the North
Carolina Outer Banks in the sand dunes of what is now known as
then named Currituck Sound Shooting Club in
1895 when the property was sold. By then the club owned some
2,000 acres of beach and marshland. This survey from 1923
shows some extent of the club's land.
on the image to expand it.
The survey is courtesy of Rodd Mann, of Knotts Island.
Here is a
Google Earth image of the survey. When compared to the
survey, many features have remained the same and Carova
Beach has been added to show the relationship to the ocean.
Click the image to view it in full size.